What are the benefits of visiting a hygienist?
Good oral hygiene is vital in eliminating gum disease and decay, which can eventually lead to tooth loss. Regular visits to a dental hygienist will ensure that hidden and difficult-to-reach plaque and tartar is removed from your teeth removing rough surfaces which contribute to build up of bacterial numbers, and improving the health of your teeth and gums.
Hygienists can also help you maintain brighter, whiter teeth. Scaling and polishing, as well as cosmetic treatments can remove surface stains, leaving you with a fresher, brighter smile.
Your hygienist can also provide advice on diet and how to care for your teeth and gums properly at home.
We provide following services:
• Preventive advice – day-to-day care of your gums and teeth
• Dental care and tooth brushing sessions for your children
• Teeth cleaning and polishing
• Administration of fluoride
• Administration of anaesthetic, if necessary
• Applying fissure seal on children’s teeth
• Advice on giving up smoking
• Stain removal
• Tooth whitening
• Conceal unsightly teeth
Hygienist services for children
If you find it difficult to get your child to brush their teeth or just want to educate them on the importance of healthy teeth and gums, we also offer tooth brushing sessions.
The session includes:
• Polishing your child’s teeth
• Advice and education on maintaining healthy teeth and gums
• Demonstration – with the use of disclosing tablets and an intra oral camera
• Healthy Teeth & Gums Kit to encourage your child to brush at home